Egg Roll-ups

I'm still trying to eat healthy, even though last week didn't end so well during the time I helped my sister move. I saw a this recipe in one of Rachel Ray's cookbooks and had to try it, but I didn't exactly have all the ingredients. The cookbook suggests other filling choices such as smoked salmon and dill, chopped cooked chorizo and cheddar, or deli turkey with swiss and mustard.

1 serving
1/2 Tbl oil (I used canola)
salt
pepper
1 egg, vigorously beaten
3 Tbl shredded sharp Cheddar
1 Tbl salsa
  • Preheat 8-9 inch skillet over Med-Low heat with the oil.
  • Add a little salt and pepper to vigorously beaten egg.
  • Add egg to pan.
  • Shake pan to spread egg to cover bottom of pan. Don't stir!
  • Cover with a piece of foil and cook 1 minute.
  • Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese. Return foil and cook 1-2 more minutes until egg is set and cheese is melted.
  • Shake pan to loosen egg. Tilt and shake egg onto your plate.
  • Spread salsa across egg.
  • Roll as tightly as possible, careful not to tear the egg.

Egg on FoodistaEgg
    Save Egg Roll-ups on social network:

    Followers

    Archive