BBC Good Food Show - Scotland

Yesterday I spent all day at the BBC Good Food Show in Glasgow.  And what a day it was.  Our first port of call was the Super Theater was James Martin ... sigh



This year James made a Smoked Haddock Pate with Beetroot and Onion Pickle (he made that at the Love Food event too) for a starter, a very yummy looking One Pot Chicken Chasseur for the mains (I'm planning on making this for dinner one night this week) and for a dessert his famous 20 second Strawberry Ice Cream.  Oh, and Olly was there too!


We also saw Nick Nairn and John and Greg from MasterChef along with Druv, but we had already made a trip back to the car to dump our bags and I stupidly left my camera in one of the bags in the car!!!!!

For me this year's highlight's were;
Stewart Tower Diary - the most amazing Yogurt and Passionfruit Swirl Ice Cream!
Cream Cutie - the company that came about from a visit to the Dragon's Den!  I buy their liqueur ever year (strawberry and cream is my favourite) but this year they have also introduced a new flavour to the collection - Chocolate and Vanilla!!!!!
DipNation - chunky dips to die for!  I have already polished off one of the Sun Dried Tomato dips I bought yesterday ... oh dear!
Summer Harvest Oils - I am a total convert to their rapeseed oil.  A lovely tangy and nutty flavour.
Little Doone - this year I walked away with another bottle of their Raspberry Balsamic as well as the original
Loch Duart and Salar Smokehouse - you should have seen the size of the salmon that they farm!  These guys try to recreate as close as possible wild conditions for the salmon which results in the most wonderful flavour and texture.  Rick Stein has said that their salmon is the closest he has tasted to wild salmon in farmed conditions.
Wines of Chile UK Ltd - I did have to take a double take at this stand, it seemed a bit out of place at a regional food show but .... their Fresita is going to be replacing the Buck's Fizz at this years Christmas morning breakfast.  Its premium Chilean sparkling wine infused with hand picked strawberries from Patagonia.  Apparently its also very nice mixed with a bit of Pimms!
Mixx It - These guys were advertising a range of different cocktails using Sourz and some other unimportant whisky's etc.  I just had to buy myself the limited edition Apple and Cranberry Sourz which they told me isn't out in stores yet but alas they lied.  Tesco's at Bathgate had it when we popped in for some milk on the way home!
The Truckle Cheese Co. - We sampled the mature cheddar with Onion Marmalade.  Wow!  Super smooth and creamy cheese that almost melts in your mouth but the tang from the marmalade is out of this world.  Worth it for that alone!
Waverly Books - Think Maw Broon's cookbooks.  Except that I purchased Jill Colonna's book 'Mad About Macarons!' and she signed it for me.  Such a lovely lady, very full of life and excited to be at the show.  And we even go to sample the cutest petite macarons, pistachio and chocolate flavoured, I could have eaten the whole tray!  Can't wait to get baking from the book.
Cocoa Mountain - These guys made a return to the show this year after a couple of years off.  Sis-in-Law fell head over heels for their Chilli and Lemongrass Truffles in the shows first year.

No wonder I was fast asleep by 9:30 last night!!
Save BBC Good Food Show - Scotland on social network:

Followers

Archive