Fudge Swirl Peanut Butter Muffins

     We don't usually do anything big for V-day in our house, besides go out to dinner. I whipped these up, rather last minute, as a special treat after our dinner out. 
     The original recipe I found called this creation a cupcake, but in my opinion a cupcake requires icing and this has none. So, I deem it a muffin. Cupcake or muffin; it's so good. I only made six,  and we gobbled them up wishing I made more...and no, I didn't feel guilty about it.
     I've been on a "healthy" sweets kick lately. I'm really trying to lose this baby weight. Can you say that two years later? My mom says she still tells people that thirty years later, so I guess I can. I love sweets and can't give them up, so if I can find a healthier way to eat something I would cheat with anyhow, I'm going for it. This recipe includes no sugar (agave instead) and uses yogurt instead of oils. Adapted from The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook.

makes 12
2/3 c oat flour (I grind my oats in the magic bullet)
1/3c + 2 Tbl whole wheat flour
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 c Peanut Butter (I used Jif Natural)
1/2 c vanilla yogurt
3/4c + 2 Tbl agave nectar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
8tsp agave nectar
5tsp cocoa
  • Preheat oven to 350* Spray muffin tin with oil.
  • Sift flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
  • Cream peanut butter, yogurt, and agave. Stir in eggs and vanilla. 
  • Stir in flour. 
  • Divide among the cups.
  • Combine the 8tsp agave and 5tsp cocoa to make the fudge sauce.
  • Drizzle 1tsp of fudge sauce onto the center of each muffin cup. Using a toothpick, swirl the chocolate into the batter. 
  • Bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Do you love sweets too? Check out these links for tons more recipes each week!
Sweet Tooth Friday
and
SweetasSugarCookies Sweets for Saturday
 
 
Save Fudge Swirl Peanut Butter Muffins on social network:

Followers

Archive