The 'Oscar' Cake


This cake has been my project for the week.  One of the girls in my office building placed the order for her friend's 30th birthday party.  I came home and started designing an Oscar The Grouch cake and then the next day I was sent a picture of a cake that the client had really liked in a local cake shop but it was too large for the number of people attending the party and they wouldn't reduce the price for a smaller cake.  To my surprise the cake was based on Oscar the awards statue and not the grumpy muppet.  Oops!


I was pretty nervous about making the cake, I mean just look at the original!!!!


But now that it is all said and done I am actually really pleased with how it turned out and most importantly the customer seems really happy with it too, always a bonus ;0)


Again its a white chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam.  The top layer has been carved so the box lid fits snugly into the top of the cake.  Most of the decoration is edible, including the stars and the 'Happy Birthday' plaque, the statue and curling ribbon are not so edible and possibly not quite as effective as on the original but I'm still chuffed to bits with it.

Save The 'Oscar' Cake on social network:

Followers

Archive