Coco Wheats Brownies

I was feeling creative the other day, and had a box of CoCo Wheats in the pantry. I saw a recipe for brownies on the box. I made a few changes for lack of ingredients. These brownies are fudgy, cake-like, and delicious!

1 c margarine (I used 1/2c marg + 1/2 c shortening)
2 1/2 c sugar
4 eggs (I used 3 eggs + 1 Tbl flax seed + 3 Tbl water)
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c CoCo Wheats
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 c cocoa
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (I omited)
optional: swirl marshmallow creme through batter before baking.
  • For smoother consistency, soak CoCo Wheats in cold water for 30-60 minutes. Drain. Add to recipe.
  • Preheat oven to 350*
  • Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add CoCo Wheats.
  • In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and cocoa, then gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix in chocolate morsels.
  • Spread in greased 9x12 pan and bake 45 minutes (You could cut recipe in half and use an 8x8 pan and bake 35-40 minutes)
Save Coco Wheats Brownies on social network:

Followers

Archive