Toffee Apple and Pecan Muffins

Must be quick - Hubby needs the laptop!
This recipe has been hanging around in my 'To Be Tried' recipe pile for a while now, except I never wrote down where I originally came across it! I made them yesterday out of pure boredom (I love it when the clocks go back - makes Sunday seem to last an eternity even if it is really only and extra hour longer!) so had to make do with the supplies I had. I substituted Fudge out of the Roses Tin ~ which we've actually bought for Christmas. Oops!

Toffee Apple and Pecan Muffins
100g butter, melted and cooled
2 duck eggs, beaten
100ml milk
150ml soured cream
300g plain flour
100g vanilla caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb of soda
3 small apples (about 300g), peeled, cored and diced
50g pecans. roughly chopped
100g soft toffee's, chopped

Heat the oven to 220C/fan 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.

Mix the wet ingredients quickly into the dry ingredients with the apples, pecans and toffee (don't over mix - it should be a bit lumpy).

Divide between the cases and bake for 25 mins until risen, golden and cooked through.

Makes 12

These muffins went down a treat! Although I kept expecting each mouthful to be banana flavoured for some reason, I think it was the inclusion of the fudge. Highly recommend these ;0)

Save Toffee Apple and Pecan Muffins on social network:

Followers

Archive